Massage and Therapies at Inver Lodge Hotel
Massage is a soft tissue manipulation used on the muscles, ligaments and tendons of the body. From its beginnings in ancient China to present day, it has been used to promote and restore health.
Holistic Massage treats the whole person by affecting the intrinsic relationship between body, mind and emotions. In Holistic Massage the quality of touch and sensitivity to the client is essential and vital to the healing process. Several different massage techniques are used, including the back strokes of Swedish massage techniques as well as breath awareness, joint release and and energy balancing.
Holistic massage seeks to promote the body's natural healing ability to heal itself. It is concerned with bringing psychological relaxation so restoring harmony and balance.
What it can do
- Enhances the circulatory system to enable it to function more efficiently.
- Restores muscle tone and increases joint flexibility.
- Stimulates lymphatic flow to help eliminate toxins.
- Relieves stress, tension and anxiety.
- Maintains general health and well being.
- Reduces inflammation and pain.
- Helps the body to heal and recover from injury and strenuous exercise.
- Relaxes the body, giving a sense of well being.
- Improves emotional state which encourages a more positive attitude.
- Removes mental and physical fatigue.
A detailed consultation is taken on your first appointment giving your medical history. This is necessary as massage is not advised for some medical conditions and some strokes may be omitted or used more of. In some cases your GP's permission may be required.
What it can help
BACK PAIN, HEADACHES, SCIATICA, ANXIETY,
MUSCLE TENSION, DIGESTIVE DISORDERS
SHOULDER AND NECK PAIN, DEPRESSION/SAD
SLEEPING DISORDERS, ARTHRITIS
MENSTRUAL PROBLEMS, STRESS
IMMUNE SYSTEM DISORDERS
About Sheilah Cunningham
Sheilah's first encounter with bodywork was Shiatsu when she lived and worked in Japan. Whilst in Japan she decided to study and practise Shiatsu after receiving it herself. She has had an active interest for over 25 years in Holistic Health and has practised and studied Tai'Chi, Meditation, Astrology, Crystal Healing and Reiki. She trained in Holistic Massage in Edinburgh with Bavara. She is ITEC qualified.
Some Things To Remember
- Do not eat 2 hours prior.
- All consultations are confidential and a code of ethics is adhered to.
- Full body massage takes about one and a half hours.
- Oils are used.
- Drink lots of water afterwards.
- Allow time to take it easy after the massage.
Full Body Massage
1 hour - £70
Back & Shoulders Massage
½ hour - £35